If you’re looking to make the most of your garden, then you might already know what you’re going to do, and how you’re going to do it. However, if you need a bit of inspiration, then here are some ideas of where you can look.
1. General interest as well as dedicated gardening magazines can give you plenty of ideas. Perhaps there’s a fashion shoot outside, or an interview with a celeb in their garden, or perhaps there’s a gardening magazine that appeals to you because they’re transforming a garden similar to yours. You’ll get lots of good ideas from magazines.
2. TV programmes and gardening TV programmes in particular will give you a lot of inspiration and allow you to see flowers and plants, as well as gardening techniques in more detail Gartenhelfer Stundenlohn. Perhaps you’re favourite show has a house with a garden, or maybe you’ll see someone else’s garden on the news, or perhaps you religiously watch a gardening programme and will design your garden based on what you’ve learned.
3. Gardening books can prove to be useful too. Perhaps you’ll buy some of your favourite gardener’s books and see what you can learn. It can prove to be a bit expensive, and what might be all the rage when the book is written, might not stand the test of time, so you might want to choose gardening ideas that don’t date.
4. When you’re about, whether walking or driving, on the bus or on your way home from work, you’re bound to see other people’s gardens. Some of these will have ideas and themes that you might want to use.
5. DIY stores will often have a substantial gardening section, and you can ask for ideas, or see what plants they have there, in order to see whether they would work well in your garden with what you had in mind.
6. Garden centres are a mine of information, and whether you’re looking for a new pair of secateurs or want to know what plant food to use, you’ll be able to find out what you need to know. However, these types of places tend to be more expensive, so you might want to shop around, especially if you’re redesigning your whole garden, and likely to be buying lots.
7. Friends and relatives might be gardeners, and be able to give you some help and ideas if you ask. It’s not always easy to get together with your friends or relatives though, and trying to explain what you want your garden to look like via text message can be quite tricky.
8. Gardening websites, like gardening magazines and books will be able to give you lots of ideas and inspiration, and it’s easy to get carried away. You won’t want to start something you can’t finish, or that won’t work in your garden.
9. The sort of websites you visit on a daily basis might give your more ideas than you thought likely. Maybe you’re using magazine sites, news sites, or sports sites, or social networking sites, or playing games on your computer. Why not see what ideas you can come up with whilst online?
10. Whatever ideas you choose, it’s important that you don’t get carried away. You’ll probably have some sort of budget, and although good quality plants and tools are worth it, you’ll want to be careful, and make sure that you get good value for money.